After much thinking, I've come to a final decision on what to film for my opening. In the near future, my situation wouldn't allow me to go out and about with many people at any time I want, so I need to make something with everything I have in my mother's house. What I have in mind is making the film about a girl and her best friend; her dog. After viewing their loving bond, the audience along with the main character will see that the dog has gone missing. This will make the main character stressed and in full panic mode. This idea is best for me with the situation, and I think it's acceptable. It will be considered as a drama film.
One of the five essentials for opening scenes are the main characters This is because the main character usually is seen and introduced in the opening scene. The audience is subjected to get to know and grow attached to the main character for a reason. For instance, in my film opening, the main character (played by my friend Elizabeth Lopez) is a young, capable woman who was part of the mafia and has a mission to get revenge and learn more about the reason behind her friend's death. When introducing the main character, it is very important to not overshare more details about them than necessary. This is because the rest of the film is supposed to have that job. The opening only shares certain characteristics in order to draw the audience in and allow them to assume how they are as a person to move forward into the plot. An example of this in my film opening is when Elizabeth's character is calm at first even though she is abducted and questioned. She waits for the right opportu...
This was my first attempt at making my preliminary video. I recorded this on December 5th, 2020. This was created entirely on a whim without much discussion and planning (which is very evident). Although I'd say the camera shots and movements were decent, but the plot, acting, and execution were subpar in my opinion. My peers also agreed when I showed them the video that I could've done a better film opening, and that's when I decided to take it more seriously and redo everything from scratch.
Comments
Post a Comment