Creative Critical Reflection 1 - Post 39

- How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?


CCR 1 PowerPoint - Jadan Cedeno.pptx


My product introduces the funny yet complicated relationship between siblings, a sister and brother. Usually in films, sibling relationships are represented as "tough love," and leave the rest of the film for character development for one or both siblings to make their bond towards one another stronger. Since they identify as Latino/Hispanic, I decided to go with this theme since this particular group as People Of Color (POC) tend to have harsher way of being raised. Though this can be included in all social groups, I personally went for this group because I am Latina myself, so I wanted to represent my people and bring to light what some of us go through at home that affects our relationships with other people in our lives. 

I also settled with a shared dramatic situation between the two siblings to leave the door open for bonding later on and include the theme of sibling love. Dramatic situations between people often lead them to come closer with each other and tighten their bond. We see how they normally act towards one another in a comfortable setting, their aunt's house, and the audience can tell that there's not a clear connection. That is why I created my video this way, to go with this direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Failed Attempt - Post 25

Expectations - Post 2