Five Essentials: Foreshadowing - Post 29

 4th Essential of opening scenes is foreshadowing


Foreshadowing is very important because it helps have the audience know what to expect and build anticipation for your film. Subtle hints of information, feeling or sensation, and clues are things that can be found in the opening scene of many films. By placing them there, you leave the audience to expect and predict what happens next as well as leaving them to want to watch more. 


In my own film opening, I did not account for making foreshadowing elements, I didn't think of putting anything like that. Next time, for my final project, I will make sure to include elements of foreshadowing to have my audience wanting to watch more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Failed Attempt - Post 25

Creative Critical Reflection 3 - Post 41