Creative Critical Reflection 3 - Post 41

 - How did your production skills develop throughout this project?


CCR 3 - Jadan Cedeno.pptx


Throughout this project, for my draft and final film production, I used two different mobile editing apps for my phone. For my draft, I used VivaCut and for my final I used CapCut. I transitioned because I wanted to used an editing app that doesn't include their watermark or logo in the corner throughout the whole film video, so CapCut was the best choice. Due to my past experience editing, using the new app wasn't difficult at all; very simple. 

As for my skills, I can see my development when comparing my two film videos. In my draft, I just shot it by the textbook and wasn't very considerate of important factors like setting and props. I directed a film opening that can be considered as criminal/mafia, yet, the settings, props, costumes, and mise en scene in general did not fit the match. It's evident that I only went for the story but not the story-telling. I believe my camera work was decent, probably more so, but it definitely needed more work and planning. I only came up with the story and genre on the fly without much planning, and I felt rushed to film everything.

However, with my final draft, I carefully planned how I wanted my story to come across and how I wanted it to be executed. During that time, I was house sitting and had to make do with my situation. So, I came up with the same idea for my plot and used my surroundings. My two friends, my actors, came by and played the role as conflicted siblings dog sitting for their aunt. Since the plot was more casual, my setting and mise en scene matched well together. Their clothes were fitting the occasion and since the story isn't crazy dramatic like fantasy or crime, the theme and mood didn't clash.

Overall, my production skills developed in the sense of better planning and execution on my part. I realized I can't just produce a film on the spot; it requires careful planning and consideration. Including what I learned throughout the course like camera work as well as mise en scene was also improved, and I'm happy how it turned out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Failed Attempt - Post 25

Creative Critical Reflection 2 - Post 40